Indian jewellery is traditional in nature and has been used since 5000 years. It can be matched with an any attire and is designed accordingly. Different jewelleries have different stories. There is a large variety of materials from which they are made ranging from gold and diamond to pearl and silver. There are many a online jewellery store in Australia that offers Indian jewellery at an affordable price.
Here are some common types of Indian jewellery that have been discussed below:
2. Bridal Jewellery: Bridal jewellery is used during a wedding ceremony in India. Gold jewellery has been used most commonly but nowadays silver, kundan and platinum jewellery is also gaining its popularity.
3. Handmade jewellery: Handmade jewellery is quite popular in India. It is hand-made and has a unique look. Handmade jewellery has been used since long in India.
4. Kundan Jewellery: Kundan Jewellery has been popular from the Mughal Periods. It originated from Rajasthan. Later the art work was spread in different parts of the country from north to south by craftsmen. Precious gems are used for giving this jewellery a unique look.
5. Silver Jewellery: It is increasing in its popularity day by day. Apart from gold jewelleries, women are preferring to use the silver jewellery too. This is a popularly used for making nosepins, armlets, ear rings, heavy kadas and so on.
6. Stone Jewellery: This kind of jewellery is made up of various gems stones. It is used by both men and women and is worn according to the ruling planet and one’s astrological chart.
7. Tribal Jewellery: In India there are different tribal places, and each tribe has their own unique jewellery design. This kind of jewellery is typically made by using natural things like bones, crude metal, shells, clay, wood etc. These fashion items when worn create an ethnic and attractive look.
8. Custom Jewellery: It is customised according to one’s need. It is made keeping in mind the mix and match factor. A number of professional jewellery designers are making such custom jewelleries.
9. Costume Jewellery: This is also popularly known as fashion jewellery. It is made using common, cheaper and lighter materials instead of heavy and expensive materials.
10. Gold Jewellery: Gold has always been said as an auspicious metal among Hindus, is it is the symbol of Goddess Lakshmi. It is the most preferred jewellery among women and offers security during any kind of financial crisis because of its high value.